My journey with adwords.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Saturday at Midnight

Yesterday I stopped my second campaign. It had 48 clicks and 0 sales. The product I was promoting was www.montessoriparentsguide.com. When I started promoting it, I didn't think it was going to do well. The sales letter was ok, but not great and the whole product was about information that could probably be found for free on the internet. I decided to promote it because it was moving up the ranks fast in the home and family/parenting category. According to affiliates alert, it was ranked 61st on October 9, 2005 and on November 3, 2005, it was ranked 20th. That's a pretty significant increase in about 4 weeks.

So as of right now, I'm only running one campaign

Here are the stats for November 3, 2005

Google:
20 clicks
0 sales

Overture:
17 clicks
0 sales

Here are the stats for November 4, 2005

Google:
12 clicks
1 sale

Overture:
19 clicks
1 sale

Posting my stats on a daily basis is becoming a little monotonous. So I'm going to post them every 3-5 days instead.

I going to start a little section called tip of the day and it will contain adwords advice. Please note, read the tips with a grain of salt. I'm not an adwords expert, far from it. I've never had long lasting success with adwords, but I have started enough campaigns and read enough ebooks to share some insights. With that being said, heres today's...

Tip of the day: When starting a google campaign, its probably a good idea to turn off the search and content network. If your campaign doesn't have a profitable conversion rate running on google alone, then odds are it won't have a better conversion rate running on the search and content network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



View My Stats